Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Settling In!








I only have a few minutes since this is our day to go into town.  I have certainly hit a record, I have not been in my car since early Saturday morning and have had no need or desire to do so.  Even today I do not want to go...but we have some commitments and a weekly grocery order waiting for us.

I left off on our first day of the stretch...so here is a bit more of our week.


I make every effort to go down to the lake several times a day...rain or shine.  And boy did we have some rain.  It started on our first night here (6/1) and stopped sometime on Friday (6/5)--the good news is the house does not leak.  The bad news is, my husband found that his route to work can become a dangerous ride of dodging old trees (not just the usual 40+ deer).

My favorite thing this week--While we were sitting on our dock we overheard some teens talking about tadpoles.  So we went over to check them out, but when I got there we found these little guys.  Nope, not tadpoles (I argued with the lead teen boy for a bit before getting a closer look).  He assured me they were catfish...really!  They were catfish by the thousands...this picture does no justice.  What a treat for my kids to see this miracle.  We collected some and watched them on the porch for a few days, they even started to lighten a bit in color.   







I guess there will be catfish for dinner every now and then.
As a side note--these are seven year old hands.
Among all the excitement we managed to get several rooms ready for living...

Our dining room, with a nice little tea and coffee stand on the left.

Our teen's section of the office, the rest of us don't have desks yet...but Ikea here we come!

my closet...check



master bedroom...check

Have to run now, but lots more fun to catch up on and pictures to share...enjoy the warm dry weather.  

No comments:

Post a Comment