How long does it take for Creeping Jenny to flower? Yes, I have learned this year after planting my favorite ground cover that it does take two years. Honestly, I did not know it flowered...you should have seen my confused face. It is normally treated as a shade plant so it never gets this opportunity...but just as I am leaving my sweet Jenny is waving goodbye to me.
This brings me to what I will miss about our last house...
...my perennial garden that finally is complete and self-nourishing
and last but not least...
my reverse osmosis water filter
I know that it sounds silly to miss a water filter, but this investment was a big deal when my husband gave it to me for my birthday two years ago.
I love my water filter, it gives me a little anxiety to have to acclimate myself to our new water system. Our new water system is a community well...this is a foreign idea to me. I vaguely remember that my mom up in the mountains of New Mexico has a community well...but I guess I didn't really know what that meant until now. So we share well water that is maintained for integrity by a third party...good thing I guess since the water is the same ground water that fills the lake in our backyard.
...and we all know what ends up in a lake
Yes, I will miss only two things from our current house (almost our old house). We have really needed to stretch out a long time ago. I can only imagine at this point what it is going to be like to have all of my stuff under one roof since all of my studio supplies and family heirlooms have been in hiding in storage for nearly seven years. What will I do with all of our new space (2800 square feet)?
So this is the big day, we get our key and can start moving our stuff in while they finish up a few repairs.
What a relief it will be to not be surrounded
by boxes,
...our dog is losing her mind as well.
...our dog is losing her mind as well.
Between pants she is taking a break to sniff the boxes.
She really seems to be having a panic attack...
We can't wait to introduce her to her new yard, hopefully
she will stop panicking and start burning off that Jack Russell energy.



What has been hardest this week and will probably be a challenge for another week is living without my pantry.
I have grown accustomed to cooking most of my food from scratch and I challenged myself this week to a game of "Chopped." Yes, the cooking show where contestants are given a basket of various ingredients and they need to make a five-course meal within these restrictions.
For those of you that know me, I have very strict diet restrictions and this has been a challenge. So far I am surviving,
Wish me luck on the next week when I am 30 minutes (compared to 5 minutes) away from my favorite grocery stores.



No comments:
Post a Comment